join us for the 2023 Chalk walk
Sign up below
Welcome to the 4th Annual Shelley Spud Day Chalk Walk
Thank you for registering on our website: shelleysupportersofthearts.org
All artists and teams must register online by September 6, 2023.
Our theme this year- “A little bit of country”
Check in information- THURSDAY September 7th, at 7:00 pm
● All artists (teams need to send a representative) must attend the Thursday evening demonstration and receive your supplies.
● Thursday evening artists may measure out and draw grid lines, but no “chalking” of the actual artwork may be done until midnight. Artists can work anytime day or night September 8-9th, touchups can be done on the 10th and the 11th, but all artwork must be finished and area around artwork cleaned up by Monday Sept 11, 4:00 pm when judging takes place.
● At check-in on September 7, 2023, all artists will receive their official 2023 Chalk Walk bandana which must be worn while chalking, a 48-piece chalk set, official 10x13 space number, and welcome kit. All chalk art must be a minimum of 6’x6’ and no larger than 10’x13’.
● The location will be announced soon. You are welcome to bring a tent or awning for shade (bring something to anchor it down) but please remember sunscreen and plenty of water.
● Only CHALK can be used for drawings. No oil based pastels, paint, crayon, ink or other non-washable or permanent products. Each team will be given a 48 piece box of pastel chalk to use. You may mix your chalk with water to be used as “paint”. Extra chalk will be for sale for $1 per stick.
Categories and Prizes-
● Adult (1/$100, 2/$50, 3/$25)
● Teen (1/$100, 2/$50, 3/$25)
● Child (1/$50, 2/$25, 3/$15)
● Best Use of Color ($50)
● People’s Choice ($50)
● Best Representation of the Theme ($50)
● Hidden Spud ($10)
● Prizes will be announced on Spud Day at the free stage at 2:30pm.
Judging will take place around 7:00pm on monday, September 11, 2023. YOUR TENT AND SUPPLIES MUST BE CLEARED BY THAT TIME IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE COMPETITION.
As many of you know, the Spud Day Chalk Walk is sponsored by the Shelley Kiwanis Club and the Shelley Supporters of the Arts. Donations to this event can be made at the information booth at the entrance. We ask that you add a hidden spud to your artwork to enhance viewer participation.
Photograph Your Work!
As we continue to elevate the quality of the Shelley Spud Day Chalk Walk, the art created must be suitable for public and family viewing (no nude or lewd work). No words or symbols intended as political statements may appear within the art with the exception of patriotic art.
The Shelley Kiwanis Club and the Shelley Supporters of the Arts reserves the right to refuse, stop, or eliminate objectionable material.
The Shelley Kiwanis Club, the City of Shelley, the Shelley Supporters of the Arts and the Shelley School District, or their representatives are not liable for any damage to personal items or personal injury in connection to participation or attendance at the Shelley Spud Day Chalk Walk.
To officially be included in this year’s award competition artists must be registered and have their art piece finished by 4:00 pm on monday September 11th. All artists should post their photos to social media using the hashtag: #spudday23.
Please include at least one picture of all participants (this is good to do the first day) and one of the finished art.
We are so excited for you to join us this year! Below you will find an image you can use on social media to let friends and family know that you are chalking with us this year! Take lots of photos and be sure to tag them #spudday23
We will be featuring our registered artist’s work on our social media and our website!
Please indicate which category:
Individual - include age